DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

statistically what is the likelihood of complex left adnexal

statistically what is the likelihood of complex left adnexal cystic mass 4.4x3.2 cm being cancer I am 47 years old and had partial hysterectomy several years ago uterus right ovary and tube taken. This was seen on cat scan and I am having ultasound in a few days I have had groin pain and back pain but mosty on right side? Could it be referred pain or something completely different? Constipation diareaha nauseau off and on Also cat sca showed hepatic steatosis Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to just answer,

At your age the risk of malignancy may be only 20-30%. The differential diagnosis includes benign cysts; metastatic versus primary ovarian malignancies; tubal cysts; and neoplasms such as paratubal cysts, hydrosalpinx, or, rarely, fallopian tube cancer. You should get ultrasound done and along with that you should get CA 125 levels checked.CA 125 IS useful for detecting ovarian cancer. Finally you might require an FNAC/ BIOPSY from mass to rule out malignancy. Since there is nothing else on CT scan except hepatic steatosis there is nothing to worry about other problem. Hepatic steatosis is accumulation of fat in liver and usually asymptomatic.

For details please read :

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can the pain I be experiecning on the right groin and back on pressure like when you are giving birth be referred or is it something else
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.
Is you back pain referred to right groin?

Is there any tingling or numbness along with pain?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I have right groin and right back pain no tingling I just wasn't sure since the mass is on my left coud the pain on the right be referred from there. Thanks
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 4 years ago.

Small cysts don't cause any symptoms but large ovarian cyst can cause abdominal discomfort. Pelvic pain which is a constant or intermittent dull ache that may radiate to your lower back and both thighs occur commonly with ovarian cyst. Other condition which can cause this symptoms is degenerative disc disease affecting lumbar spine. You can get your CT scan get checked again for spine problem and if required do an MRI later on.