CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Hello. I have some discoloration on the bottom of my penis,

Hello. I have some discoloration on the bottom of my penis, which I think has been there for some time. (I believe it is from friction, if you know what I mean). I showed it to my GP a few days ago, and he assured me it is not penile cancer, and just put some cream (I don't remember exactly what it is, I believe it is 1% of something) on it twice a day, but it has not improved (although it has only been 6 days). If it doesn't get better, was wondering, would this be something for a dermatologist or urologist? (There is no pain, only some brief discomfort after applying the cream).
Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. It is not uncommon to have some discoloration due to friction ...another possibly a yeast infection. Does it itch? Any bumps?

Customer:

No itch, no bumps. Just some discoloration, as i said has been there for some time

CamilleRN :

Why did your Doctor give you the cream...what did he say?

CamilleRN :

and I meant to tell you... the best person to assess your penis is a urologist.

Customer:

He said it's nothing to be worried about, I think he thought it might be fungal.Could it be from candida?

CamilleRN :

candida is one kind of yeast, yes... but that would cause intense itching.. peeling skin, bumps and burning

CamilleRN :

It truly may be due to friction, just a little irritation

Customer:

No, nothing like that

CamilleRN :

if it doesn't resolve in a few days see a Urologist... he will know exactly what the problem is and what to do about it, if any treatment is needed.

Customer:

shouldn't it have cleared after some time? or maybe I don't it chance to clear up? could that it be?

Customer:

ok thanks