DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629
Health

hello. i got my blood test result today for GOT (AST) and GPT

( ALT). My GOT (AST)... Show More
( ALT). My GOT (AST) is 42 and GPT (ALT) is 54. the problem is the doctor who interpreted my lab test could not speak English. He just told me to come back after 3 months and have a test again. i requested the hospital to give me a doctor who speaks in english. It will take another 2 weeks from now before the availability.

I'm 32 years old and I'm quite social a drinker (1.5 to 2 Liters of beer on a weekend, also been drinking 300 ml of whiskey once a week ) and i sleep very late like 2am or 3 am in the morning and wake up at 9am. i have had casual sex twice last April 2011. could these be some causes? i want to get this out of my head because i know it's a bit beyond normal. could i be infected with a severe disease? Thank you. I hope i can get some help from you. Thanks.

sincerely,

anxiousguy

Welcome to just answer,

These are the common tests that are used to evaluate how well the liver is working (liver function).

• The normal range of values for AST (SGOT) is from 5 to 40 units per liter of serum (the liquid part of the blood).

• The normal range of values for ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.

Your levels are slightly towards higher side.

AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) are sensitive indicators of liver damage or injury from different types of diseases.

No need to panic.

Avoid drinking.

Repeat test after 3 months and if there is rise then you should get ultrasound for liver done.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Is the intercourse / unprotected sex ruled out? Since my GOT is 42 which is 2 counts beyond normal. Do the numbers tell that it's not related to the intercourse 8 months ago? What about my sleeping habits, is it connected? by the way, you may also want to know about my diet, i eat a lot of processed food like canned corned beef and meat loaf, hotdogs, instant noodles.
NO this is not because of intercourse of unsafe sex.

Not related to sleep.

Can be related to eating habits.

Avoid fatty and fried food. Eat simple health balanced food. Do not eat too much of packed or fast food.

Thanks

please feel free to ask if any more doubts.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
thanks. will accept answer after this last 2 questions.

Could this results lead to hepa A, B or C?

from what country are you doc med? just want to know my source.

Lastly can I sleep well and not worry about it already? It's my first time to get a negative result on my blood test..

Thanks.
No this will not lead to hepatitis. A , B or C.

i am from INDIA.

Yes you can sleep well and relax. No need to panic.

You should avoid drinking and eat well.

Repeat test after three months.

Thanks

Thanks for using just answer,

I hope you are satisfied,

Please feel free to ask if you need any more clarification.

Thanks

If u think my advice was useful for you, please click on the ACCEPT button. POSITIVE FEEDBACK / BONUS> is always welcome.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
how much in US $ would this inquiry cost me? If i register to a monthly membership to this site how much is it in US$?

Thanks.

This question cost u 30 $.

For monthly membership please contact with site. Click on Help

Thanks