Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I feel like I have a lump in my throat, chest like the one

I feel like I have a lump in my throat, chest like the one you get after swallowing a pill and it gets stuck. I've been gassy, bloated, burpy, and tired. My stomach rumbles a lot even when I'm full. I feel full quicker. After I eat this lump feels worse..I also burp up a little of my food after eating and sometimes some acid as well. If i drink water it gets a tiny bit better. I have mild acid reflux (diagnosed) I take 20 mg of prilosec. I'm a tiny bit dehydrated right now as well. This all started friday along with the gassy feeling. I've tried getting in to the dr. but they are booked for a month. I take two floragen3 probiotics a day. I'm a bit overweight, and have anxiety/panic attacks/hypochondria. What should I do, I'm scared, I've never had this happen. It also feels like my stomach has been burning since Friday.
Are you able to eat and drink fluids without a problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am able to eat and drink. Althought the feeling of the lump is more intesivied by drinking and eating.
And have you ever had this before?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not that I remember. This is the first time I've ever really noticed it, but my anxiety has been bad due to stress so I'm moer aware of things going on with my body when I have heigtened anxiety.
OK--try to relax a bit because I don't think this is anything more serious than your reflux acting up and your anxiety causing the lump in your throat. I suggest trying some GasX and Pepto Bismol and see how it goes for the next couple of days.