Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have an appointment with OBGYN this Thursday to discuss my

I have an appointment with OBGYN this Thursday to discuss my symptoms but I wanted to facilitate the visit, know the right info to provide, and perhaps questions to ask. Here are my symptoms:

(Scale: 1=extreme, 5=mild)
* "3" nausea (had for almost a month now; thought it was the green tea capsules)
* "2-3" fatigue (it comes and goes - comes mostly; most prominent in the afternoon hours)
* "4" my hands, fingers and legs (skin) itches sometimes
* "4" lower pelvic pain (pressure, fullness - kept thinking it was PMS but too early now)
* "2-3" frequent urination with urgency (that just started in last couple of weeks)
* "2" bouts of incontinence (scary and embarrassing; once a week or so)
* "1" urine sometimes has very strong odor (comes and goes; not food as I been testing)
* "2" I like to relax on the floor/carpet tummy down - a month ago when I got up my back and pelvis hurt so bad, I thought i would have to go to hospital; then went away; haven't tried again but believe above symptoms started soon after (except fatigue - always had that....diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea)

I know something is wrong so a little fearful about doctor's visit. Just hope it's 'fixable'.

Supporting info: I'm peremenopausal, taking Zoloft and over the counter hormone replacement. I take Green Tea Capsules as I'm dieting/trying to lose more weight.

Your thoughts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Likely causes of the symptoms you describe are a urinary tract infection, bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection. Other causes can be diabetes, thyroid disease. You will require a urinanalysis and pelvic exam as well as blood test to assess for these things. Treatment will vary depending on what is found.

If you have any further questions, please ask. If not, please click accept.
Regards