CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

hi just having a hard time at the min was off work not long

Customer Question

hi just having a hard time at the min was off work not long ago for 7 weeks with depression and stress for lots of reasons been ill I have fibromyalgia and globus also I feel out me with my mum over a year ago I am glad we dont talk anymore but still hard dont get to see her family or hear from them much any more and only time I do is at family thing and mum is there so dont really get to talk then and also dont like my job at the min looking for new one but not much out there was going to go the job center to day to look but I ask my bf to come with me didnt wont to go on my own my mu works there but he said he would text to day and didnt so I couldnt go just feel really down again now was feel better still I went back to work boss now saying I can only have 5 days off sick in 4 mouths she give me 2 more days because of fibromyalgia should only get3 days but occy health told she cant do anything about me being of sick with that or more globus when last went to occy health didnt know that I had globus they where still doing test so said still I go back in jan they should expect me to have the odd time of sick with it all this making me feel more stressed and down again really wish I new what to do so lost right now please help
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and I am happy to help you today. I am sorry you are feeling so bad. Are you currently taking any medications? If so...which?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only omeprazole and tablet to help me sleep had some for depression but made me sick so stoped them and tried tables to help with pain but they dont work
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
What you need is a Doctor that will over see all of your current problems...including depression. Untreated Depression will accentuate all of your other ills, particularly pain due to fibromyalgia. With depression, what works for one person may not work for another... so it is a matter of trying different antidepressants until you find the right one for you. Usually the Doctor will order an antidepressant on a trial basis for a few weeks to a month to see if it helps, if not, then that one is discontinued and a new one started. Don't get discouraged... this is a very common problem...but if you hang in there and have your Doctor try different antidepressants until one works, then depression will no longer be a factor, which will lessen the symptoms of your fibromyalgia as well. I hope this information helps you, if I can help further, please let me know:-)
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well doc tuck me off tablet and never said about other one just if depression gets bad again she put back on same ones again
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
I would recommend you make an appointment to talk to him. Let him know that the depression is causing you to feel unwell... that you would like to try different antidepressants with hopes that an effective medication can be found for you. IN this day and age there are many antidepressants to chose from, so there is no need for him to give you one that you already know wasn't effective for you. If he doesn't seem interested in helping you with this, make an appointment with another Doctor.
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok will try I am just not good with tables I feel or are sick easyerly always been like that