Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I am experiencing tingling type sensations and pain on the

Customer Question

I am experiencing tingling type sensations and pain on the right side in the back/rib area. Do you have any thoughts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Are theses sensations on any other part of your body? Arms legs? Any weakness in muscles? Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not in any other areas I have noticed. I have been experiencing a almost pinpoint type pain in my back for the last few months, kind of between the shoulders a little ofset to the right side

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the additional information.

The most likely causes of your symptoms is a pinched nerve. I recommend that you see your doctor regarding this. You will require imaging of your back in the form of xray or MRI to assess nerve impingement. Depending on what is found, treatment will be geared accordingly. Other less likely causes include diabetes, medication side effect, vitamin deficiencies, etc.

If you have any additional questions, please ask. If not, please click accept.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Any thoughts something like this could be related to the gall bladder? I have been having this bloated feeling and nausea from time to time as well.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If you have any input on this, it would be appreciated

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Bloating and nausea with abnormal sensation in the back can most certainly be related to the gallbladder. A nerve called the phrenic nerve could be causing the sensations you feel in your back, secondary to gallbladder disease. This is called referred pain. If this is the case having blood working to test for your gallbladder (LFTs) and US of your gallbladder is recommended.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So to double check, if I make a regular appt with the doctor, that is sufficient. I have minimal worries regarding heart related type stuff? I don't feel like that would be it, but it is the first thing that comes to mind.

Could this nerve have been causing the ongoing back pain? Have you ever heard of using Chanca Piedra for the gallstones??

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
It does not sound heart related. Seeing your doctor for basic labs and imaging is recommended. Yes the nerve irritation can cause ongoing back pain as can a pinched nerve in your spine. So both are worth investigating further. Chanca Piedra is a supplement not clinically well studied, therefore the exact effects of it are not known, therefore I do not recommend its use.

If you have any further questions, please ask.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So one last question, this is not of an urgent nature, as long as I get to the doc this week? Any chance Ibuprofen would help this in the short term?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Yes not urgent but should see a doctor soon. If it is a pinched nerve
Ibuprofen may help with decreasing any inflammation.