Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I get this frequently. I am a technical writer and am at a

I get this frequently. I am a technical writer and am at a computer screen most days. I wear eye makeup. I feel like my eyelids are slightly burning and the skin feels tight. I have a filmy discharge coming from my eye, like when you have a lot of sleep in your eyes in the morning--but this is much worse. I'm not having a discharge. the skin around my eyes is pink, looks irritated.

I don't know if it's makeup. I use an eye cream to try and soothe the area but it doesn't help.

I feel like I'm going through gallons of Similiasan eye drops and I just purchased a generic artificial tears.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
I would like to help but need some information.
Is this effecting your vision? Are you getting any other symptoms such as headache? Do your eyes itch? Do you have redness in your eyes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, my vision is blurred. I feel like I have oil or grit in my eye. The whites of my eyes look a little pink and the skin on my eyelids and around the perimeter of my eyeball is pink. I don't get a headache.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you for the additional information.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with what is known as blepharitis or eyelid inflammation. Initial treatment for this consists of warm compresses, eyelid scrubs (baby shampoo diluted with water, applied to the eyelashes with cotton tip or fingers while keeping your eyes closed shut,) antibiotic ointment. I do recommend that you see your doctor/eye doctor for the antibiotic prescription.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. If not, please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What causes blepharitis? Is there anything I should be aware of so I don't get this reaction? Also, does it usually come and go with no particular reason?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Causes of this condition can vary from dandruff of the scalp/eyebrows, bacterial infection, clogged oil glands in your eyelids, Rosacea (skin condition), and likely in your condition allergies (to make up, contact len solution, etc).

Yes it tends to come and go whenever the above conditions cause it to flare.

Regards