Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

lab results are: rdw 16.8 platelets 418 % eosinophils 6.1 sedimentation

lab results are: rdw 16.8 platelets 418 % eosinophils 6.1 sedimentation rate 27 globulin 4.5 a/g ratio 0.8 ANA was negative and within range (it was 18) taking 7.5 mg of warfarin daily for multiple PE's on both lungs aches, pains, forgetfulness, muscle weakness, extreme fatigue, losing hair, gaining weight, headaches, rashes on legs off and on, diarrhea after eating I also have PCOS and stopped nursing my daughter a year ago, but my breast are still producing low levels of milk and my right breast leaks green tinted fluid from one of the milk ducts my thyroid levels are within range i have had multiple miscarriages. I suffered from infertility and took chlomid to get pregnant and have my first two children. My last two pregnancies the babies were both premies and suffered from intrauterine growth deficiency. during my last pregnancy in 2008, my HIV test kept coming back with a false positive. They sent me to an oncologist to get checked out but he didn't seem too concerned. Eventually the test came back negative, but I was told I had some type of autoimmune disorder most likely. Unfortunately, at the time, I was on county medical so they didn't really take any more time than that to figure out what was wrong with me. I know the tests came back negative for lupus, but i have been told that even with a negative ANA and being within range with an 18, I could still have it. I seem to have all the symptoms and there still has not been a cause determined as to why I developed multiple PE's on both my lungs or how long I had them for.

I am experiencing swelling in my left ankle and foot which my foot hurts on the top when I rotate it. My doctor put me on Metformin 1000 mg daily, 50,000 vitamin D once a week and 7.5 mg of warfarin a day. He said to see him in 3 -4 months and they will take me off warfarin in May (after a year). What could be wrong with me? I have asked for a referral to a hematologist or a rheumatologist, but he said since he can't definitively diagnose me with something, he cannot do that. He said I may be in the early stages of lupus and may have developed my PE's from that, but until I test positive, there's nothing they can do.

I have 4 kids I need to take care of and I am worried that something is really wrong with me and he just doesn't seem to think my symptoms are serious.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
I can understand your concern with the symptoms you are experiencing and having multiple PE. You need to be worked up for the cause of these PE with a hypercougable work up given your PE and miscarriages (lab work that includes PT, PTT, INR, Fibrinogen, Homocysteine, Protein C, Protein S, Antithrombin III, Lupus anticardolipin, Factor 5 Leiden, Prothrombin 20210). Further your symptoms as you already know could indicate an autoimmune disease or an endocrine disorder. Since your TSH is normal, other labs to consider are those to test for your other hormones, PTH, cortisol, ACTH, Estrogen, Progesterone, Prolactin, FSH, LH,etc) a visit with an endocrinologist may be warranted. Vitamin Deficiencies should also be considered as a potential cause. I would recommend that you visit your doctor regarding this and ask for this work up. I understand that you have asked him to refer you but he is refusing, but still has no answers for you. You need to be frank with him that maybe if he isn't able to diagnose you he needs to have someone who can evaluate you.

If you have any further questions, please ask. If no further questions, please click accept.