Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I vomited multiple times 3 days ago. My throat and mouth were

I vomited multiple times 3 days ago. My throat and mouth were irritated, i.e., mildly burnt but that has mostly resolved. What is left is that my soft palate is giving me mild to moderate pain. Enough so that my teeth and jaw hurt, too. How concerned should I be? Will this heal itself?
It is likely that the pain you are experiencing if from the retching and vomiting prior. This should heal on it's own. You can try salt water gargles to help. Also ibuprofen to help with any inflammation caused by the irritation is appropriate. If the pain does not resolve in the next 3-5 days, then a visit to your doctor is warranted.

If you have any further questions, please ask. If not, please click accept.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Salt water sounds like it would further irritate my mouth and throat. I've avoided salt altogether after one painful exception 2 days ago. Would that really help my palate? The issue that remains is that my palate feels bruised (?) and it seems to be causing soreness in general in my mouth and jaw.
You are welcome.
Salt Water may help, it would only be painful if you had any cuts in your mouth.
If you feel like there is bruise, ibuprofen will help with inflammation. Ice may also help to numb up the area.