Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

May I request an actual chat please I have several questio

May I request an actual chat please I have several questions
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

hello again doctor

technical difficulties?

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
yes technical difficulties. In chat I cannot see your responses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DOc on the burning part last night I used hydrocortisone cream OTC. It stopped hte slight burning. Right now I used a steroided clotrimazole cream. Since I have had a histroy of fungal rashes I figured to try it. What are your thoughts on the reaction the burning has to these creams. Also I took 2 weeks of an antibiotic for a sinus infection (augmentum) and I figured that would kill any STD bacteria IF my tests were false.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
The use of Augmenin was not warranted in this case.
It is not recommended that you use hydrocortisone cream when you think it is infection, it will make it worse. That could be contributing to the burning sensation, for it may have been too much and it irritated the skin on your penis. I recommend that you do not use it in the area any longer. If your symptoms go away in a couple of weeks then you have the source of your symptoms. If not then you should see a doctor for further work up as mentioned previously.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok..I do not think this is herpes because of the negative test, the lack of redness, swelling, lesions, rash, etc. I am a clean guy who does not sleep around but of course Google and WebMD got me worried. The fungal rash came in June and by now I think herpes would of made its appearance by now if that was it..agree?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Signs of herpes often appear within 2-10 days of exposure. However, in some people symptoms can go unnoticed for some time and may not "appear" until years after the exposure. So the fact that you do not have lesions, etc is a good sign. But to be sure getting tested 6 months after the exposure may be beneficial.