Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Ive been having pain on my arm and leg. This pain is very

I've been having pain on my arm and leg. This pain is very intense and is accompanied with numbness. This occurs when i am asleep, i wake up at 2am, 3am or 4am due to this pain, my arm and leg feel like they are dead. The pain is so intense that when i get up, i drop to the floor and feel like i don't have these extremeties. It takes 4 to 5 minutes to subside. What also worries me is if the pain does not subside and gets worse. Can you please tell me what i can do? Why is this happening?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
What you are describing is called paresthesias. There are a number of causes for this. This includes pinched nerve, neurological disorders, thyroid disorder, diabetes, electrolyte deficiencies, vitamin deficiencies, atherosclerosis, dehydration, etc. You need to see your doctor regarding this in order to have all these possibilities evaluated and the cause of your symptoms determined. Treatment for this will depend on what is found to be the cause.

If you have any further questions, please ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards