Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Hi ,Im a 52 year old female and I have a question,My heart

Hi ,I'm a 52 year old female and I have a question,My heart beat has been fast now for about 2 weeks after I eat and I get sweaty and feel weak,do you think theres something wrong with my blood sugar?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.

How how frequently are you having the symptoms?

Do you take any medicine?

Did you have any test?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The symptoms are inconsistant,like last night I had a full dinner and had a few glasses of wine (riesling) and no symptoms but today I havn't eaten much,just a couple graham crackers,some potato chips and a half of a cheeseburger and I feel a little weak with a slightly rapid heartbeat now but earlier it was faster and followed by a lot of gas. Yes I take protonix for acid reflux. No, no testing. No,no other symptoms at this time. I had rapid heartbeat last week with some sweatiness and felt shaky.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The symptoms can be due to low blood sugar.

When it occurs after a meal, it can be a reactive hypoglycemia.

The cause of reactive hypoglycemia is not entirely known.

This occurs when glucose level go down after eating instead of rising.

Prediabetic condition can be associated with such symptoms.

Insulin resistance can be a factor.

You need to check your blood glucose level then.

Small frequent meals can be helpful to prevent it.

Other possibilities can be there too.

Heart disease like ischemia can cause sweating, weak feeling after a meal.

As you are feeling increased heart rate for 2 weeks, I would advise to get an examination by doctor.

Doctor can then decide about tests after physical examination.

I hope this information helps.

Happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to let you know also that I did have Gall Bladder surgery at the beginning of Nov,2011 but had this reaction to Augmentin before the surgery that I was being treated for a sinus infection,the fast heartbeat and got dizzy and actually passed out,what do you think is going on with the other symptoms i described? Sorry if that's confusing!
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Which other symptoms are you referring to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh, the symptoms that I'm having this morning that I described to you earlier,just wondering if you think the incident with passing out because of the Augmentin have anything to do with the symptoms I'm having now,because they are kinda similar,with the fast heartbeat and sweating.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Today's symptoms are unlikely to be related to amoxycillin.

Amoxycillin lasts only a few hours in the body.

Though the symptoms are similar, the causes can be different.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience