How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Brims Your Own Question
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9608
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Brims is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RA gd

This answer was rated:

Our 18YO daughter has been to an ENT before the Christmas Holidays w/severely swollen tonsils. At that time, he scheduled surgery for their removal for January 10, 2012. However, over the last two days her tonsils have swollen to the point where they are touching. She has no airway issues and has a low grade fever <100F. She has headaches with no relief and is on an antibiotic prescribed. Do you feel this nescessitates that she/we should see another ENT before the next week surgery, or should we just wait?
Hello,

I would advise to get her examined by doctor.

You can take her to her GP or urgent care.

The recent increase in swelling can be due to an infection.

She may need a course of antibiotic.

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Question asked was not directly answered. Information given by me about medication taken seemed to not register w/Dr.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

I don't think she needs to go to an urgent care center at all, she has no airway restrictions and does not have a high fever, they will likely refer you back to her ENT. I do however think it is a good idea to see the ENT before the surgery, I think she will likely need a different antibiotic, possibly avelox or levaquin to treat her until she has surgery
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9608
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
Dr. Brims and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you