Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I need a perscription sent to my local pharmacy for my son.

Customer Question

I need a perscription sent to my local pharmacy for my son. Amoxicillian 250 mg. 30-60 pills
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Hi--what's wrong with your son?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He has an ear infection and I am out of insurance until March 1st. Need a perscription called into walgreens. If not, I will have to take him to emergency rooom and pay more than my family can afford.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Well, first off, not every ear infection will need antibiotics and it wouldn't be a good idea for any physician to prescribe them without first seeing the patient. I suggest you take him to a walk in clinic or the Health Department or a sliding scale fee clinic tomorrow for this. It is illegal for a US physician to prescribe medications to a patient whom he has never examined.