DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

In monitoring my blood sugar Im finding some peculiar results.

In monitoring my blood sugar I'm finding some peculiar results. Example: This morning upon arising (8 ish) I got a Fasting of 118

I had breakfast of steak, 2 eggs and one ounce of goat cheese. Two hours later my blood sugar was 92. Shouldn't it have been higher than fasting levels?
Not necessarily.
The monitors are not totally accurate... one.
Also, after 2 hours from eating your insulin has kicked in, so you can easily get down to 92 even if it was 200 right after eating.

The concern is the fasting above 100.

You need a lab test called an HA1C ;which will sow the average for 3 months.
If it is over 5.6 you have a problem.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had that test and it was 6.2 That is why I am monitoring my blood sugar, per DRs request. I'm just wondering if the numbers I'm getting are correct since it seems to me the numbers should be higher after a meal. The machine is new and the expensive one which I'm told is excellent.
You are probably correct
6.2 is need to take measures.
good luck
Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What measures should I take? If it is possible to show a blood sugar of 92 2 hours after eating how long should I wait after a meal to take the number that would reflect the number more accurately?
You should only be focusing on a fasting sugar and the HA1C at this point.

You should follow this program: as it can probably reverse your diabetes as this point.....

Good luck