Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I need to know whether or not to go to a doctor - my fiancee

I need to know whether or not to go to a doctor - my fiancee and I have both had what we thought were bad colds for almost a month now...

symptoms began with sore throat and became congestion, especially of the sinuses, sneezing, then coughing with congestion and now include headaches, chest pain, and lower back pains, with extreme fatigue.
These symptoms indicate Upper respiratory tract infection with possible sinusitis. This can be viral or bacterial, although viral is more common. With chest pain, there is a possibility of worsening of symptoms to cause pneumonia. I would recommend that both you and your fiancee see a doctor for physical examination and evaluation. Azithromycin and Omnicef generally covers most bacteria causing URI or pneumonia, however evaluation by a doctor is still recommended due to prolonged duration of your symptoms.