Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have extremely swollen ankles and the calfs are starting

I have extremely swollen ankles and the calfs are starting to swell and they are itchy and they are starting to hurt I can't take anti inflammatry as I am coeliac I am taking co codamol
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
With swollen ankles there are different possible causes. These include peripheral edema due to something such as heart failure, kidney failure, DVT, peripheral vascular disease, autoimmune disorder, etc. You need to see a doctor regarding this to have tests done to determine it's cause. Tests will include an ultrasound of your legs and heart, and blood work. Depending on the cause that is found, treatment can be administered. In the meantime do elevated your legs when sitting. But please do make an appointment to see your doctor.

if you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards