Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Do my symptoms sound like a thyroid problem most likely? -weight

Do my symptoms sound like a thyroid problem most likely? -weight loss, -fatigue/muscle weakness, -irritability/depression, -eye pressure/sensitivity to light, -pins and needle pain in shins, -bruise easily, -anxiety attacks with heart palpitations, -diarrhea (most every day), -difficulty sleeping 8 hours straight (usually wake up after 5 hours), -chest pain, -shaky hands, -intention tremors,-sweat under arms all the time, -sensitivity to cold weather and holding cold objects in my hands, -forgetfulness, -shorter menstrual cycles, -diagnosed with strep for the first time ever within the last month (swollen lymph node in throat said to be from strep but won't go away)
Yes the symptoms you are describing do sound consistent with a thyroid disorder, most likely an overactive thyroid. I recommend that you see your doctor regarding this, to have blood work: TSH, T3, T4 drawn to assess your thyroid hormones.

if you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If I do have an overactive thyroid, is it most likely that I will be diagnosed with graves disease?
Graves is a common cause of an overactive thyroid, However it is not the only cause of an overactive thyroid can include thyroiditis, toxic multinodule goiter. If it is found that you do have an overactive thyroid, your doctor will do additional blood tests to determine the exact cause of it, such as antibody screen and thyroid scan.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask. If no further questions, please click accept.
Regards