Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

This may take some research on your part. Im 84 and have

This may take some research on your part. I'm 84 and have a bit of a hearing problem. I can hear, but it' "mushy"...can't hear what is being said. I love to watch movies on TV but miss the dialogue. I want to find wireless hearing help. Remember, it's not as much volume that I need as something to turn mush into words. Bet you haven't had to deal with this question before! PS I can wait for a good big rush. THANK YOU.

Thanks for your question.

I am an Ear, nose & throat specialist and wants to help you , since dealing hearing issues is my job.

Actually i can understand that your problem is difficulty in understanding rather than decreased hearing purely. We specifically ask our patients that do they hear less or they hear but donot understand.

The decrease in the understanding of words or feeling mushy words mean that the hearing loss is not in the inner ear. In these cases like yours the problem is actually in the central auditory pathways which goes from inner ear to brain. Hearing aids can help you, but you have to visit an audiologist so that he check himself that can you understand words with the help of hearing aids or not. Some patients in cases like yours do very good but some donot. So audiologist will help you with this but you should go for hearing aids. Just keep in mind that results are not promising in everyones case like yours.

I really wish that you get some help.

Please ask for any query

Please remember to click accept to compensate me for my time and effort here for you.