DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

How do I know if I have heart problems? Sometimes my heart

Customer Question

How do I know if I have heart problems? Sometimes my heart beats so fast- other times I feel a flutter and if I over exert myself I get chest pains and shortness of breath. Also, I often wake up with chest pain in the middle of my chest.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
You need
An make sure it is normal.
A 24 hour to 48 hours holter monitor..this watches the heart rhythm at home and around the clock to make sure you don't have a rhythm problem.

Your doctor can order theses tests, or, you should go to the ER when it happens and they will arrange for all testing.
If any findings, probably also a stress test.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.