Nurse Mandy
Nurse Mandy, Nurse
Experience:  LPN since 2000. Experience in Orthopedics, Dermatology, Cardiology & Ear Nose and Throat

I have been struggling with anxiety for several months and

I have been struggling with anxiety for several months and my father gave me several Xanax to try in the evening to sleep. I have taken 1 mg. at night on 3 occasions and sleep wonderfully. I would like to try a prescription for a month or two?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Mandy replied 4 years ago.

My name isXXXXX you for using Just Answer. I am happy to help you with your concern.

Since the Xanax is helping you when you have taken it, it would be great for you to have a prescription.

However, it is illegal for a prescription to be written on line. You will have to see your doctor for a prescription. If you do not have a primary doctor you can go to a urgent care clinic.

Good luck and have a Happy New Year.