911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

Hello I have a burning feeling on my testicles and they are

Hello I have a burning feeling on my testicles and they are very itchy but I have no rash can anybody help

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

how long has this been going on?

911Doctor :

and you see nothing on th eskin?

911Doctor :

'the skin'?

911Doctor :

I see you are stepping in and out of the chat and the chat is often a bit dice so I am going to switch to the Q and A format....

There are a variety of causes of your symptoms.... but without a rash there are relatively few causes....

One thing this could be is something called scabies.... which is not an STD but which can cause very bad itching, and, eventually, a pretty bad rash.

the other thing that comes immediately to mind is pubic lice, commonly known as 'crabs', which IS often an STD.

for both of these conditions you would need a prescription to clear it up but really what you need is for someone to actually take a look at the area and try to get an idea of what may be going on.

if you do develop a rash THIS LINK HERE lists all possible causes, and, just so you know, it is perfectly possible that this is simply early jock itch (tinea cruris) that has just not manifested as a rash yet as it is very itchy. any good antifungal cream or spray would be able to clear it up. you could ask your local pharmacists to recommend one to you if you wish to try to clear it up this way.

also, for the itch, you can take benadryl 25mg which will cut the itch quite a bit, though it may make you a bit sleepy.

I am standing by if you have any questions.

best
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No nothing on my skin it's been going on for about a week
any new underwear? soaps? detergents? often these type of symptoms are from a mild allergy to a new product you may be using. anything like that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No dOnt think so but I'm a chef and it's been busy at work don't know if that got anything to do it so do u know what to do
do you wear boxers or briefs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I wear boxers shorts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello r u there
I'm here, stand by
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So what do u think doc
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well doc
so I think that's part of the problem.... your scrotum are in a constantly wet and moist environment while you are at work and you probably get so tied up in what you are doing that you don't notice until the end of work and then you shower etc.... but the skin is reacting to the prolonged moist environment and you itch. that's the simplest explanation. changing to briefs while you work will allow the scrotum to remain dryer and may stop the problem right there.

secondly, showering both before and after work and applying a small amount of talcum powder may really make a big difference.

if you WERE going to try a topical cream then you might ask the pharmacist to show you benadryl cream and this will simply have the effect of knocking the itch down.

I think that if you can keep the area as dry as possible at work that you will probably get this problem fixed quickly.

again, if a rash develops we have many more things to consider, but the way you describe this it is a problem of your scrotal sac being again and again, and a moist environment for hours and hours. simply changing your underwear for work I think will fix the problem along with my other suggestion.

best
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well thank you are you a male or a female
a male who has had a similar issue to you.... no fun.

many thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do u think I should go to bed completely naked then and what about sexual intercourse and playing with myseft
no, I think you should wear briefs to sleep to keep the moisture down, and based on what you have told me you need not abstain from sex or masturbation.

best