DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

My 80 year old Dad has been "unresponsive" in the hospital

My 80 year old Dad has been "unresponsive" in the hospital for over 24 hours. His organs are failing, but he is not brain dead. How much time do you think he has left?
What is his diagnosis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Heart failure
And why are all his organs failing///sepsis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know why his organs are failing and am not in a position to ask that question. My concerns are if he might easily live for a few more days or should I get on a plane now as I live far away from him. His doctors are not expecting him to regain consciousness.
You can't tell but you can ask his status, if it is critical and he is "failing" get on the plane now.
It could be any time.
good luck
Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.