Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

i have a rash with small pimpiles that itch all over the b

i have a rash with small pimpiles that itch all over the body
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the symptoms?

How are the pimples?

Is there any pus in it?

In which part of the body?

Do you take any other medicine?

Did you have any test?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the rash mainly on upper body and ther is pus and blood they are like small little pimples and itch
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

With the presence of pus & blood in the pimples these seems to be due to an infection.

Bacterial infection can be there.

It can be inflammation of hair follicles.

I would advise to get an examination by doctor.

Oral antibiotics can be needed.

Benadryl can be continued.

You can apply neosporin antibiotic cream.

I hope this information helps.

Happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been diagnosed with diverticulitis.

How should I proceed ?

Thank you .

Adrienne XXX....

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 years ago.
Diverticulosis is formation of small pouches in the colon.

It can occur due to weakness of the wall. With age it is commonly seen.

If you have symptoms of cramping, bloating then symptomatic treatment are given.

High fibre diet, plenty of water, probiotic, exercise are good to prevent constipation & symptoms of diverticulosis.

Often the symptoms are mild or absent.

When there is an inflammation or infection it can produce pain, distension, loose stool, blood with stool etc. & is called diverticulitis.

In that case, only fluids are advised for a few days.

Then slowly thicker liquids are allowed before eating normal foods.

Antibiotics can be required.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience