Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

I want to lose weight so bad I weigh 190.

I want to lose weight so bad I weigh 190. I have issue everytime I see chips I want eat it and cookies . What kind of food should I eat. What Kind of Meats should i eat if i am trying lose weight? I have a Elliptical, Bike and I go on it every day and I have Slimer for the double chin its been working good. And someone told me once if I %100 dont eat Junk food at all and than when I lose lot of weight and start eating junk food will I get fat so fast? they told me I should eat cookie once while

I am also starting the

WebMD Food & Fitness Planner
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
A healthy well balanced diet is recommended for losing weight. In general food rich in saturated fats such as cheese, butter, fried foods, red meat are more likely to cause weight gain. Also high calorie foods such as chips, cakes, chocolates and other forms of junk foods can cause weight gain. I would recommend eating at least 2-3 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables daily. Also eating a fiber rich foods such as whole bread, bran cereal, salads is recommended. In terms of meat, white meat such as chicken or turkey is preferred over red meat such as beef. Please also consider consulting a nutritionist for more recommendations and a personalized diet plan for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How about healthy choice tv dinners?

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Healthy choice tv dinners are also a good choice. It is not clear if one is better than the other. In one scientific study done a year ago, all popular brands seemed to be equally effective as well as a low calorie low fat diet. The key is to limit the number of calories consumed and increase physical activity to spend those calories.