Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I am 47 year old male and have had for several weeks now, neck

I am 47 year old male and have had for several weeks now, neck stiffness on the back of my neck close where it meet the skull. Also dizziness that seems to be related to the soreness. When my neck is sore I can get short lapses of dizziness. Both ears seem to be more sensitive than normal, but not annoying. Last, there is small blisters that are sensitive on back of my neck in the same small area that have small amounts of clear fluid in them,maybe 10-15 of them and they are not zits.

Any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Are the blisters on just one side or both sides?

Do you have any history of arthritis or back problems?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Blisters are on both sides and are from 1/8 to 1/4" in diameter, but do not ever more than an inch or two above the normal top of the ear range on the back of the head.

I don't have any history of arthritis or back problems of anytime recent....some back pain in 1994, but that was some degeneration that eventually got better and don't have any outside the normal capacities for my back. Sometimes my back gets a little tight and I know its almost always not enough fluids, so I usually figure out that I have not had enough water intake. I monitor the intake and extra, such as 80-120 ounces a day and am back to normal quickly.
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Dizziness accompanied with neck stiffness can be a sign of cervical stenosis. This can be caused by arthritis of the spine, inflammation, prolapsed disc etc. Symptoms are caused by spasm of muscles and compression of nerves coming out of the spinal cord. An X-ray is usually done for evaluation. I think you will benefit from physical therapy. Blisters on the neck can be due to irritation of the skin. Another possible cause is shingles, but that usually affects one side only. So please see your doctor soon for examination.

In the meantime you can try applying warm compresses to the area. Drink plenty of fluids and electrolytes.
Regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This problem is off and on, meaning that sometimes I go a couple of days if not more without dizziness or pain, then when I it comes out of nowhere or warning and its is there. Would Cervical Stenosis be ongoing and contant, many days I feel just fine?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
Yes, cervical stenosis can be intermittent. The degree of symptoms can vary from time to time as well.
Regards.