Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

What causes lower eye lids to twitch allot?

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Usually this is caused by allergens and allergies which may be hay fever or seasonal or due to personal care products and make up or dust, animal dander or pollen

It may also be one a less common cause like
a stye (bacterial infection, usually has swelling)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I was wondering if it could be caused by allergies. I have been having allot of allergy attacks and acute sinus infections lately this year. I work in a veterinary hospital and are around allot of animals and chemicals that really bother me. It just has had me a little scared because the eye twitching has been very chronic and annoying.

You're welcome,

If you have other questions at another time you may request me by starting your question with "for Dr Brims", or return to this question

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is their anything I can do for the eye spasms? I have already tried eye drops for dry eyes.

You may consider allergy drugs like claritin or zyrtec