CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Hi Camille :) been a while, are you availible

Customer Question

Hi Camille :) been a while, are you availible?? I have a couple of questions tonight..
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Hi:-) !

Customer:

hi!!:) how are you!? Happy Holidays!

CamilleRN :

Happy Holidays! I am great...so nice to see you:-)

Customer:

you too :) My pinched nerves seemed to have finally worked out :) but i have a completely different thing tonight :-/ and im trying to keep myself level :(

CamilleRN :

I am glad the pinched nerve resolved... what's going on tonight?

Customer:

I have a sinus infection, or what i think is a sinus infection. Saw a dr yesterday, and he gave me the Z-pac.. but im not sure that its working :( and my head is going through so many different directions right now..

Customer:

i have two conflicting body temps, and im pretty sure my bp is normal but..

CamilleRN :

I am sorry to hear that. A sinus infection will take about 48 hours to begin to respond to antibiotics.... what you might be feeling is anxiety secondary to all the unpleasantness that comes with a sinus infection.

Customer:

def anxiety...

CamilleRN :

Personally.... I don't do well with anything that makes it hard to breathe normally... so I can relate

CamilleRN :

Try to breathe from your mouth more than your nose

Customer:

well, ive had a headache for most of the day and since then ive been thinking menentigits, heart attack because my sholder spazzed out.. and the headache and all that.. i just had my wisdom teeth out two weeks ago and im afraid its coming from that.. theres just a lot...

Customer:

i have a digital mouth thermometer that reads 99.6 while i have an ear thermometer that reads 97..9

CamilleRN :

What really helps is to sniff something that will help clear your nose... something mentholated.. like Vicks... or even a liniment rub like Ben Gay or icy hot

CamilleRN :

hummmm..... I would disregard the ear thermometer, sounds like it's malfunctioning. Maybe get another oral thermometer to compare.

CamilleRN :

Menningitis.....

CamilleRN :

to do a little self test, bend your head down to your chest

CamilleRN :

anything hurt?

Customer:

a little sore but not outstandingly painful

CamilleRN :

good...

CamilleRN :

with menningitis you would feel A LOT of pain in your neck with this movement

CamilleRN :

so we can completely throw that out the window... no menningitis:-)

Customer:

not going to my chest no lol going sideways yes but thats due to the pinched nerve

Customer:

so yay! ok im glad i can rule that out

CamilleRN :

any rash?

Customer:

nope!

CamilleRN :

good... there is usually an accompanying rash with menningitis... as well as dilated pupils and a massive headache.

Customer:

haha my eyes are blue so their always dialated lol headache... ive had worse headaches...

Customer:

but it still annoying its been going on all day

CamilleRN :

Did you take any ibuprofen?

Customer:

no ;( dont have any. But i think I have advil

CamilleRN :

Ibuprofen will not only help with the headache it will also help with swelling in the nasal passages

CamilleRN :

yes..advil IS ibuprofen

Customer:

OH it is???

Customer:

ha!

CamilleRN :

so take that according to package directions'

Customer:

i can take that with the Azithromycin?

CamilleRN :

I would just about be you will feel MUCH better in an hour

CamilleRN :

YES.. that is absolutely fine to take the both together

Customer:

brb! need to go get my glasses lol

CamilleRN :

k

Customer:

1 cap every 4-6hrs. if symptoms do not respond then two can be used

CamilleRN :

errrr..... bet ( typo above)

Customer:

should reduce the mini fever right?

CamilleRN :

I always take 2, one doesn't cut it for me... but you can try one, if it doesn't work, take another in an hour

CamilleRN :

yes it will reduce fever and you will feel much better

CamilleRN :

You can take 2 every 4 to 6 hours

Customer:

thank you.. ok next half.. when your sick, PB goes up or down?

CamilleRN :

it can go up

Customer:

and what is better? wrist or manual?

Customer:

unfort both digital

CamilleRN :

it's normal for blood pressure to rise with fever or when you don't feel good

CamilleRN :

manual

CamilleRN :

wrist is unreliable

Customer:

really??

CamilleRN :

yes

CamilleRN :

most hospitals will not allow them

CamilleRN :

and I have never met a Cardiologist who would allow a wrist cuff

Customer:

hahaha ok so then i dont really know what my bp is at the moment then, i was using the wrist one

CamilleRN :

take it with the arm cuff and let me know

Customer:

ha! pretty normal

Customer:

111/70 @95

Customer:

the number it went up to was like 166 the counter thing.. is that normal?

CamilleRN :

166? the top number?

Customer:

no n ono

Customer:

the actual reading was 111/70 @ 95bpm

Customer:

but the pressure gauge on the device was like 166.. when it counts going up

CamilleRN :

totally normal :-)

CamilleRN :

The counter thing.... that's inflating... it keeps inflating until it detects your pulse...sometimes it goes way higher than it needs to

Customer:

oooh ok! because the manual says the standard is like 144 but i never see 144 lol

CamilleRN :

it can go as high as 200 trying to locate the pulse

Customer:

so its probably just the sinus thing thats causing the headache then if my bp is normal LOL

CamilleRN :

yes, I really think so

CamilleRN :

try the ibuprofen and let me know... I really think you are going to feel so much better

Customer:

thank you cam.. i had so much going through my mind.. you eased a lot of it :) thank you so much <3

Customer:

how long does it take for an anti-biotic to start working???

CamilleRN :

antibiotics will begin to help within 48 hours

CamilleRN :

you are sooooo welcome:-)

Customer:

ok.. its only been 24.. it was making me nervous that it was getting worse lol

Customer:

or felt that way

CamilleRN :

I should say you will feel the effects within 48 hrs, they do begin to help immediately

Customer:

well, i felt ok yesterday, but today its like i hit the wall.. headache.. sore throat.. now i sound stuffy and awful :( I was hoping i had caught it in time

CamilleRN :

You should begin to feel better right away from the ibuprofen ( in an hour or so) and the antibiotics by tomorrow... sometimes a sinus infection can linger for several days... even after it's resolved sometimes there is still mucus to get rid of. Be sure to drink plenty of water to keep your secretions thin and easier to eliminate.

Customer:

lets say this did stem from my surgery to have wisdom teeth out... the z-pack would help w that right???

Customer:

last question i promise LOL

Customer:

you know me and my mind ;) lol

Customer:

and for that im sorry! lol

CamilleRN :

yes... that would resolve it

Customer:

:-D

Customer:

thank you :)

CamilleRN :

You KNOW you are always welcome:-)

CamilleRN :

Have a great night... and anytime you need me.. just post a question in my name.. if I am not here.. one of the other Experts will let me know and I will get to you as soon as possible

CamilleRN :

and H A P P Y H O L I D A Y S! :-)

Customer:

thank you Cam :) Ive missed you :) You've always been there :) Happy Holidays!:) Ill leave you a note in a couple of days :) I Hope you have a great Christmas!:)

CamilleRN :

Thank you! You too!

CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hey cam :) Just wanted to touch base and let you know that the sinus infection cleared up in a couple of days, thankfully. My pinched nerve has decided to kick in again tonight...
Back of my shoulder/neck area has a knot in it, and i have a shooting pain going down the back of my left arm, can alternate to the right.. is there a white flag i can borrow???

hope you had a great new years!!!