Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a internal lump between my scrotum and anus does not

I have a internal lump between my scrotum and anus does not bleed feels solid to the touch not really painful what could this be

It's the size of a nickel elongated, I noticed it 2 days ago, it seems to be permanent, it seems to be fixated in the undercarrige of my left butt cheek. At current time it dosen't seem to move anywhere.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 years ago.
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Hello
Thanks for your question.
This sounds like a fat cyst or a sebaceous cyst.
This is a benign condition.
usually it will not bother, but sometimes may get inflamed causing pin and discomfort.
You can watch it for a while, will usually go away over time.
But if it does not, you can get it removed by a surgeon, a simple outpatient procedure.
Best wishes,

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Please click ACCEPT, if you do not have any other question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How can I be sure it's not cancer, and what causes the cyst?

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 years ago.
This is not cancer as the location is not a common site for cancer. Besides, cancer looks different like fungating growth or an ulcer and does not happen in 2 days.
Cyst is caused by the clogging of the skin gland and also the accumulation of fibrous tissue and fat tissue.
This is benign.