Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Probably to a gastroent What does it mean if I have had

Probably to a gastroent

What does it mean if I have had an ear ache for 3 months and so itching like yeast. Then took diflucan twice and now have smelly yellow/brown jelly mucus like stool.
Has you ear been recently evaluated by a doctor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes fist regular because was a respitory infection then when it would not go away the ent.
So your ear is itching? Any drainage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it started with ear, which still hurts. then it was yeast infection and i thought in stool.
So you took the diflucan for a vaginal yeast infection and now have a problem with your stools?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes and still vaginal itching.
OK--so what is your question about all this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What does it mean to have jelly like stools. Also why does my ears still hurt and vag itch and burn? I have been playing with my antibiotic and have been working with nursing homes and afraid i might have somethingCustomerlike cdif.
Are your stools just loose or watery? How many bowel movements a day are you having?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A couple, but not much comes out. They have white parts to what does come out. Then when i wipe I get yellow jelly that smells like cdif patients. I tried boron supp last night although meant for vag. Also tried yogurt water like enema. colon hurts, but also ovary/vag area.
What antibiotic did you have and when did you take it? How long has the stool problem been going on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
a ouple weeks with white parts and two days with smelly yellow stuff.
And about the antibiotic?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
first zpac then clidomyicin oral and ear drops. All done but lasted a couple monthshence why i asked for diflucan.
OK. As to the stool problem, clindamycin is the one antibiotic that I have seen cause C diff colitis more than any other. Any diarrhea that lasts longer than a few days needs a stool sample sent to the lab for culturing. This could just be a bout of irritable bowel syndrome, but that would only be a possible diagnosis if an infectious colitis were ruled out. As for your vaginal itch, that may be a bacterial infection and not yeast, so if a culture of that area hasn't been done it needs to be. As to the ear, you could have a blocked Eustachian tube, so I would get an MRI to look at that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How urgent do i need to seek help?
Well, unless you're having a fever and significant abdominal pain, this could wait until after the weekend.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, Thank You soo Much!! And also for your patience!!
No problem, but, please let me know how things go
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yep can do!!
OK. Happy holidays
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dr. Chip,

The ear thing will be ok I have an appointment tuesday. The stomach is bad. I don't have a general practioner and cant get into a gastro. I dont know what doctor to go to but it has to be a female. Now it is probably too late until after the holidays. I'm pretty sure from smell and mucus instead of fecal matter it is cdif. Is there a way I can fix this myself?
Acidophilus and probiotics might help. Also chamomile and cayenne.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
gross detail, but is it best to eat these things or supp?
Fair question--you take them by mouth. The idea is to restore the normal bacterial flora to the colon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, thanks I've been trying things! I will try a doctor tomorrow, no work! This worries me and now my little sister got it too from this nursing home and is very ill. Thanks!
Hope it helps and you can enjoy the holidays.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dr. Chip,

I think it has gone away on its own with just otc things. Is that possible? Also I have another disgusting question. I get very constipated monthly and pushed so hard I have two bumps protruding. Not big but gross. If i went to a gastro doc would they remove for me and do you know how this is done. My new bf has not noticed and dont want to make issue but cn be inflammed.
Hi--what all has gone away? Does the constipation coincide with your period?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes always mid month constipation. The jelly substance has gone and pain. I have not gone in a while though so it could just b stuck up in there. I was going small to big all day then my normal const and i hardly had anything for more than a week.

I dont know if this coincides but I still have ear pain i got in September and itchy ears and vag. monistat works temp for vag and floxin drops in nose and ear for ear. It always comes back.
These bumps--soft and nontender?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. The front one I think started as a skin tag. I tried cutting it off and if honest cuderizing and it came worse. While doing that I irritaed other side which is little tender and will bleed if too big stool. I dont do nasty anal sex or anything.
Sounds like you have one or two hemorrhoids, and if you can prevent the constipation with some mineral oil and fiber those will likely shrink in time. Try applying some witch hazel and cortisone cream for now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have done these things, but it is good to know I was doing right. I have been trying to take aloe vera for constipation. What mineral oil and couldn't a doc just fix it? Is there a point in going to a gastro?
Well, if they were external hemorrhoids, they could be banded in the office. Internal hemorrhoids, if they become a major problem, aren't treated by a gastroenterologist--it would take a general or a colorectal surgeon. Standard over the counter mineral oil.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
K, thanks for being so patient with me!
No problem, and any time.