Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

taking 60mgs of cymbalta and 10mgs of endep daily for 2 yrs

I have been taking 60mgs of cymbalta and 10mgs of endep daily for 2 yrs now. Lately I have been feeling hyped up.m Which I have had before as a prerequisite to disociation. Which I dont want to go through again. My psychiatrist is overseas at the moment what should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am still seeking an answer to my question

Regards

Narelle Bertrand

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--sorry it took so long to respond to you. Are you saying your psychiatrist doesn't have a colleague who can see you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes my psychiatrist doesn't have an offsider to see me

Regards

Narelle Bertrand

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--so how can I help you with this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just want to know why am I feeling hyped up now after taking this medication for 2 yrs now without feeling this way and what should I do about it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Please fully describe what you mean by hyped up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm finding it more difficult to sleep at night and unable to relax feeling more energetic than usual, not able to concentrate for long periods, drivng faster than I would normally, generally feeling more agitated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What's the diagnosis for which you take the two meds?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cymbalta for severe depression and endep to help me sleep
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And you say this hyped up feeling has happened before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
twice before
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And what was done for it and what did your psychiatrist say about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the first time it happened she reduced my dose of antidepressant. the second time I was taken off the medication altogether
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And by reducing the dose it resolved?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes for a while it did and then I was put on another medication
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. I don't see why all of a sudden this would happen after you'd been on the mediation for so long. The first thing I would do now is to screen you for physical causes like hyperthyroidism. That said, you may be actually worsening this by dropping your dose, since you might be having withdrawal symptoms. As for what to do now, if this is unbearable for you, I suggest you see your primary care doctor about it.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice