DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I am having pain/soreness in my right inner thigh crease (where

I am having pain/soreness in my right inner thigh crease (where my leg connects to my body) and in the top of my right thigh. I haven't done anything strenuous nor have I had any sexual activity. It's more of a sore feeling rather than pain. I recently started a new job for which I have to drive an hour to get there - could this be the culprit? I also just got over a UTI last week. Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello
So this pain is in the groin is that correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, and also on the top of my right thigh. It feels like I overworked it, or lifted something heavy, did squats, etc - but I haven't.
OK
You can still have groin muscle strain, which is what this sounds like
Even from sitting to long then suddenly standing.

Rest, stretching and ibuprofen if needed are the treatment, initially, physical therapy would be idea;

however,

you should also make sure, from doctor exam, that there is no hernia, and there does not have to be a bulge, and that there is no hip problem, and hip pain refers to groin.

So....does not sound serious...but needs exam.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does the UTI from last week have anything to do with it? I've read that they can cause leg pain.
Maybe
But this is not typical
Unless you still have the uti
You can have a repeat urinalysis to make sure.

If this were the case it should be getting better since the antibiotics.
good luck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about endometriosis and/or an ovarian cyst? I've had it for years...and I am pretty sure I had a cyst last week.

I'm sorry for the 10000 questions...
Possible but......

They would most typically not refer pain here.
good luck