Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

PEST CONTROL... After having no success using roach baits,

After having no success using roach baits, I am wanting to try an indoor fogger to kill the roaches in our house. I have read the whole box, intructions and health hazards and it says that the only real health hazard is possible eye irritation. I guess I still have concern for health problems after we re-enter the house after it has been fogged... also my worry is increased a little more because I am pregnant. I know I need to cover/remove exposed food and food prep supplies... but what about all other surfaces (tables, door knobs, fabrix furniture, etc)??? After the house has been aired out, is there any real health hazards if we touch all these surfaces and furniture in our house after we re-enter? Would I have to sterilize everything that we would potentially touch again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated with this concern... Thank you

There is no health hazard to you and baby by touching the surfaces and furniture. I can understand your concern; but skin is our best protective layer and this chemical (if at all it persists on them; usually this evaporates) does not penetrate the skin and thus do not enter in the body. Please do not worry, at all.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you... your certainty puts me at ease a little more... I have one more question if you could please bare with me... Because of your response, I think I know what your answer willl be, but again, I just want to be sure... The instructions on the fogger box say to open all the cabinets (which I understand, so the fogging smoke gets in the cabinets as well and kills any possible roaches crawling around in there)... I was wondering what you thought about that, concerning my kitchen cabinets. With my kitchen cabinets holding packaged food, (cereal, bags of sugar, boxes of crackers and other snacks, etc.) should I still open the kitchen cabinets, or keep it closed to minimize the contact with the fogging chemicals to the food? If you do think I should open my kitchen cabinets during the fogging process, do you think I should aggressively wash/clean all my dishes and food items afterwards (which I of course do not want to do)... or you think I can just return to my kitchen as normal?
You are very welcome.

Packaged foods is absolutely no problem. Food does not come contact with the fumes and fumes go away immediately from the package. Even from the dishes too, the fumes go away after couple of hours. If you want to use the dishes earlier, just wiping with a tissue is good enough.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fogger box lists locations where I can use it... mainly houses. It doesn't list that I can use it in vehicles, but I would like to fog the inside of my car. Do you think that would be okay or should I refrain from doing that? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Would like an answer soon and my Dr who was helping me may be offline and need an answer soon
Hi--you can use it in your car, but I would suggest no one be in the car for at least two days.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice