Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

i started throwing up this morning i went to ER

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
We're on two pages here. What's going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry comp tripping i went to er cause i been throwing up all day i been having headaches off and on and ears were ringing alot so i asked for a cat scan doc said he dont want to give me one cause of radiation and he doesnt think i have a tumor so maybe it was my nerves or a bug no fever or nothing but stomach hurts but i finally kept donn soup and mac and cheese bannana and apple sauce and pineapples and water so do u think im ok now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Totally better?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it might of been my nerves thinking about that stuoid tumor but if doc says he wont give me a cat scan then he probley feels i dont and when iasked him he said very rare slight chance so i guess im ok w tht but since i did go in my ears not ringing and i feel relieved maybe it was just my nerves but i get tingling in my fingers not too bad but he said my blood pressure was 103/76 and heartrate at no fever no ear infection could be inner ear he said that has to heal on it own but im not throwing up no more thank you LORD JESUS so what do u think
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Anxiety, most likely. You gettin' ready for Christmas?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yea school is crazy mon-fri 8-12 tues 8-3 wednesday bible study sunday church thursday sons practice for basketball and test every friday over 3 chapters and homework everynight and labs everyday im on mod G booklet
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
When do you get your tree?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how bout you are u ready for Christmas nothing like our saviors bday to celebrate and thank him for dying for us itsnsuch a great feeling to know what a awesome God we have
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, unfortunately, being in Florida for so many years but growing up and living for a long time much further north, the climate down here makes it hard for me to feel like it's the season. One sad thing is when I ask my friends or patients if they're ready for Christmas, too often their answer sounds like I asked them if they'd done their shopping.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ill try to doit sat im so busy i cant concentrate books cram my little pretty brain lol not use to all this studying but it will be worth it when said and done i love Christmas its such a warm feeling lights decorations and love of familys being together im donatiing to the totsmdri e so the kids who dont have one can and i baked cookies for our troops but they ate them after the xmas play on sunday so the kids enjoyed them too i try to stay pos well knowing i probley dont have a tumor will make me enjoy it more i was stressed about it but i think im fine now cause if doc felt i needed it he would of gave me it but why do the ask u to sueeze te 2 fingers lift leg follow there fingers w your eyes look in your pupils im wondering how that can tell a person has a brain issue or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
should i take my bc tonight w throwing up all day im scared it will upset my tummy again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, if there's pressure in the brain from bleeding or a tumor, there may be edema and swelling of the optic nerve disk you can see in the back of the eye or there can be dilation of just one pupil. Eye following can show nystagmus--shaking seen with vertigo--and it also tests some of the cranial nerves. The motor skills can sometimes show what's going on in the brain. I'd forego the BC tonight
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oooh ok well that make good clinical sense but then again your the doc lol he said he didnt want to put all that radiation in me when he feels theres no tumor it can cause cancer down the road but last question if i had a ct done last dec before my spina tap should i be concerned about that radiation that was put in me or do u think im ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You're OK. It would take over 30 ct scans to give you more radiation than an hour in the sun.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks your so awesome feel alot better knowing that well i have togo to bed 6 comes early these days night ty again going tomaccept answer
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Take care
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey friend so no throwing up today just need somthing for my nerves and quit thinking I have stuff that I don't any ideas
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Warm glass of milk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not w all my mucus still in my throat are u sure I got ear drops ciprodex don't like the way they feel are they safe for enter ear infection
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Safe, but they should only be used if you have an ear canal infection with pain and drainage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
maybe I shouldn't use them they see no infection but said it might be the enter ear I only used 4 drops am I ok
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes but don/t use them unless you have drainage coming out of the ear
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
K how will I know and Ty I can't sleep to much going they my head I need somthing for my hyprocondriacism seriously it's aggravating
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I know. But we'll get you better