Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi I took an overdose on Thursday night and now it is Sunday

Hi
I took an overdose on Thursday night and now it is Sunday and I didnt want to seek medical advice the,
The medication I took was

Zopiclone
Holoperidale
Buscopan
Paracetemal
and others that \i cant remember right now

My head feels like it going to explode
My eyesight is a bit blurred
My mouth is dry and has a funny tast

I really dont want to bother the doctors, so perhaps you can help.

Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me an idea of how much of each of the medicines you took?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
7.5 mg x 12 pills Zopiclone

haloperidole dont know the exact amount but about 30 pills

buscopane 25 pills

stelazine (trifluoperazine) 5mg x 14
procycladine 14 x 5 mg

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And how much of the paracetamol?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
about 9 - 12 paracetamol (they were called Panadol} 500mg per tab
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--any jaundice, abdominal pain, change in urine or stool color? How are you feeling right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What does jaunidice look like?

I have had abdominal pain but its ok at the moment, it comes and goes.

No change in urine or stool colour

I am feeling exhausted. Slight back pain, but I know what that is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Jaundice is yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes. What I'm getting at is I'm most worried about the overdose of the paracetamol.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Jaundice

can't remember how many paracetamol I swollowed approx 9 - 12 paracetamol (they were called Panadol} 500mg per tab
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay--computer glitch. For now I suggest plenty of juices and fluids to speed up the detox process. You're over the worst part for now. There is nothing specific as in supplements to cleanse these medications from your system. The paracetamol could have caused liver failure, but it doesn't appear that that's the case with you. Of course, if anything happens that worries you, you do need to see a doctor about this.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice