Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Hi. I have gastroparethis. I am not at the worst stage but

Hi. I have gastroparethis. I am not at the worst stage but I can't eat very much fruit or vegetables. Is there anything I can take to make it better?
Hello
You can increase the dose of reglan at this point
If this does not work, you want to see a GI doctor, to make sure there is not an obsturction and to consider a stomach pacemaker device that would help stomach emptying.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Practice Director
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
He seemed not to read what I asked. What can I do. I thought this doctor was homeopath. What diet or supple,emits.

HI. First let me ask if you have tried any specific diet or diet plan? Can you tell me about the problems your having with the gastroparesis?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I just found out last week. I have pain sometimes when I eat or if things have not digested I will throw up once a week or every other week. Meals come up that are two or three days ago. This is especially true with vegetables.

I know now to eat small meals and to have low fat ( I always did this) and low fiber. Some people say no more than 15 gms of fiber a day.

I wondered if you could recommend supplements or something that is non prescription that helps with digestion.
OK. I'm giving you two links to review. Once you've done that, if there is any more information I can provide you, please come back to this page and ask.
http://www.daveshealingnotes.com/ailments/gastroparesis-natural-remedies.html
ww.med.upenn.edu/gastro/documents/GastroparesisDiet.pdf
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice