Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

So yeah.. dinner made it worse... picked up Orajel...

Customer Question

Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 2 years ago.

Nurse Milli :

Hi there, so you are just waiting until Advil time

Customer :

yeah.... just.. any idea why mac N cheese would have made it worse???

Nurse Milli :

probably just the same in temperature or maybe some of the mac and cheese got into the tooth

Customer :

well, i was trying to be careful. .but apparently not careful enough.. so i shoved an ice cube in my mouth and it helped for a good 20-25 min...

Customer :

i havnt done the oragel yet.. trying to decide which one to use.. i have the max cream or the cotton swab version...

Nurse Milli :

have you tried rinsing your mouth out yet?

Customer :

no.. i was gonna do that before the orajel..

Nurse Milli :

(since the mac and cheese)

Nurse Milli :

ok

Customer :

salt water right??

Customer :

does it matter if its sea salt???

Nurse Milli :

yes, saltwater

Nurse Milli :

no, it won't matter

Customer :

what i notice is that after the wisdom tooth it skips a tooth and then hits the next one...

Customer :

that and im starting w a headache over my ear../next to

Customer :

and above the eye brow

Nurse Milli :

the pain in your wisdom tooth can irritate the nerves in your mouth and cause other teeth to hurt

Nurse Milli :

and yes, it can cause a nasty headache

Customer :

apply orajel to all the above teeth or just the one affected????

Nurse Milli :

put it on the ones that hurt...focusing on the one affected and work outward

Customer :

ok.. thank you....gonna wait till i finish this icecube and then go rince and do the orajel...thank you...i hope to have better things to tell you tomorrow...i really appreciate you being there...

Nurse Milli :

you don't have long and you can take your Advil too. Hope it all goes well and you are able to get a little rest tonight!

Customer :

thank you.. i hope so... it should be ok to take by the time 9:-930 comes around right??? Not always compy w mixing medications...

Nurse Milli :

yes, that will give it enough time from the last dose of Excedrin

Customer :

thank you.... have a good night... hopefully i wont have to hit you up again tonight lol.. your one of my safest places to turn.. thank you.. OH!! I forgot to tell you!!!

Customer :

Ive been taking a Flintstone Multi-vitamin complete for adults!!! no more anxieties!!!:-D

Customer :

dont feel so tired anymore either!

Nurse Milli :

wonderful!

Customer :

so im wondering if at the time there was a vitamin defitiency somewhere!

Nurse Milli :

there could have been ?

Customer :

either way im just glad its over :)

Customer :

now if i can just get through this im all set!

Customer :

thank you again :) have a goodnight!

Nurse Milli :

Thank you! Hope you feel better!

Customer :

thank you.. ill keep you posted!

Nurse Milli :

ok!

Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no dice on salt water.....
Didn't work much?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no... it made it worse... whyyyyyyy.... :'(
Sometimes things like this will work and sometimes it will not. Allow it time to calm down and put the Orajel on the tooth.
I've got to run out for a bit but I'll be back in about an hour. I'll check on you when I get back if you are around.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im almost afraid it wont work.... ok.. ill be around...
Have you taken the Advil and used the Orajel yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried the Orajel swabs.. they didnt do much... lasted about 15 min before the pain came back.. so a while later i did the cream.. that seems to be working a bit better.. pain isnt gone but its much more dull than what it was...

I havnt taken the advil yet... i wanted to take 2 advil.. but im nervous because ive taken two doses of excedrin today.. i dont wanna OD...

Sounds good.

If your last dose of Excedrin was at 4pm today, you can take the 2 advil now..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
eh... :( why am i nervous??
I have no idea? If you have not taken anything since 4pm, you can take your Advil.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok.. Im just unsure about taking 2.. because where the bottle says to take one every 4-6 hours.. :( 200mg Liqui-Gel.. haha meanwhile it says further down if if pain or fever doesnt respond to one.. two can be taken.. :-p @ me.. im ok.. really..
Sure, go ahead and take one and if your pain does not relieve in an hour or so, take the other one. No big deal with this one.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.. xxoxoo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one advil down the hatch...(see what happens in a hr) will update.

Ok, I'll be around the computer, just drop me a line.

I hope you feel better in a bit!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how long does it take to kick in?
I would wait atleast an hour to see if you feel any effects before I took the other one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im starting to feel a little difference... was getting hairy there for a min...thats why i asked how long it took to kick in...bout what 20/30 min to actually start working???
Yes, just hang in there. It should start taking the edge off of your pain shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BIG difference!!!!! Love Advil. :-D. I'm just now more afraid of waking up in the middle of the night in pain...
Great! What you do is set your alarm to wake you up at say...1am and take the other one...then set it again for 5am to take another one. Don't let your pain get out of hand. Once your pain gets bad, it takes a lot more medicine and time to get it back down. Of course if your pain gets worse before 1am, go ahead and take it.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Milli!!! Xoxox
Hang in there dear, you will make it. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. Set that clock and take your Advil! :)

How did the Dental visit go?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have surgery next Tuesday 7:15am. I am somewhere between relieved and a little nervous. I was given 500mg of Amoxicillin to take 3x a day. I actually felt a little better pain wise about a half hr after taking the Anti-biotic so i dont know if thats the antibiotic or in my own head lol. The pain doesnt seem so bad tonight.. trying to keep my mind straight however has been interesting today..
I thought they might want to get the infection under control before they extracted it...glad to hear that your pain is not as bad. I'd keep taking the Advil.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can an anti=biotic help that fast??

I have that heart attack thing back in my head =Jaw pain been trying to talk myself out of it all day..

The antibiotic would not work that fast, no. Your jaw pain is your wisdom tooth...try not to stress yourself out today. You had a hard enough day yesterday.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
believe me im trying... its just not working out very well..
Are you able to eat now? Maybe you can eat a nice dinner or watch a movie or read a book? Something to keep your mind off of your anxiety...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
haha i had ice-cream for dinner with a meatball after :) I was still having issues this morning.. couldnt drink coffee.. the shower even bothered it.. dont ask me how or why but it did.. and just..ugh... so i didnt dare eat or drink much.. advil wore off within an hr.. it was bad this morning..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
haha i had ice-cream for dinner with a meatball after :) I was still having issues this morning.. couldnt drink coffee.. the shower even bothered it.. dont ask me how or why but it did.. and just..ugh... so i didnt dare eat or drink much.. advil wore off within an hr.. it was bad this morning.. trying to focus on school work now.
Let me know how it's going today at some point
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bottom is better.. Top is kinda better.. At least it was till I started eating.. Shooting pain up to my ear and around it. All upper. Been having headaches too.. My back hurts.. So I'm actually fighting a panic thing at work at the moment.... Still can't get away from the heart attack thing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Milli.. can you let me know if you get on tonight....thanks..
Hi there, how are things by now with the tooth situation?