DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

chemotherapy to cure hairy cell leukemia..blood..platelets..hemoglobin

18 months ago i started the first of two sessons of chemotherapy to cure hairy cell leukemia. 11-7-11 i had the second blood transfusion. now my platelets is 27, white count is2.2 red count is 2.75 hemoglobin is9 and hematoctite is 27. how will removing the spleen correct the peoblem of low blood counts?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 5 years ago.
Hello
In reality taking the spleen out can but this disease into significant remission.
It can also raise platelet counts.

This would be the 2 main reasons to take out the spleen.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.