Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have a problem with my gallbladder and feel sick after food,

I have a problem with my gallbladder and feel sick after food, I am down for surgery to have it removed, what can I eat more of or take to improve pain and nausated feeling?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 4 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

The best thing to do is actually avoid eating certain foods instead of eating more of certain things.

Try to avoid fatty foods such as fried foods, and saturated fats found in meat, butter, whole milk, sour cream, whole milk cheeses, non-dairy creamer, foods high in sugar like cakes, cookies, and pastries. Also, foods high in cholesterol have been shown to aggravate gallbladder disease symptoms (like eggs, whole dairy milk, and heavily marbled meat). So, you are on track with avoiding sweets, but you should also cut down on the fatty foods.