DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

On Monday 11/28 I went to my Dr with stomach pains that started

On Monday 11/28 I went to my Dr with stomach pains that started on 11/20- they think I initally had food poisioning but later became the start of a Stomach Ulcer due to the aniexty. I am taking Prevaicd, told to do a 24 Hour Clear Liquid Diet, and then start back on food. I did the 24 Hr Clear Liquid Diet on Tuesday 11/29. I have started eating small meals of Bananas, Toast, and Crackers. My stomach still doesn't feel 100% and I still feel the stomach pains and heartburn. How long does it take before a stomach ulcer starts to heal? I am almost afraid to eat food at this point- should I try bigger meals? What point should I make a call back to the Dr? Thanks for you assistance
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 4 years ago.
If you have presumed ulcers you need an h pylori stool test to check for the ulcer bug.
This requires anti-biotics...or invariably the ulcer will not fully go away and will come back.

4 to 6 weeks to heal.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions, details or need clarification, just use reply.......

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.