911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

114/60 @83 is normal???

114/60 @83 is normal???
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 2 years ago.

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

I assume you mean blood pressure and pulse of 83?

Customer: Yes
911Doctor :

no just normal, but very good.

Customer: So it is normal????
911Doctor :

absolutely,

911Doctor :

what did you think was abnormal about it?

Customer: It just seemed low to me. I think I'm having an anxiety issue. I have a wisdom tooth causing pain in the back corner of my jaw and I think I just started over thinking
911Doctor :

then rest easy.

911Doctor :

anxiety should make you have high blood pressure as should pain.

911Doctor :

this pressure is 'low' according to our normal value of 120/80

911Doctor :

but this is actually very good for you as it is protective for you against all manner of diseases including heart attack, stroke, and kidney failure.

911Doctor :

and it is not nearly low enough to be concerned.

Customer: Well, I am getting better at controlling the anxiety. I was afraid I was having a heart attack even though I could breath fine and I wasn't sweating or anything.
911Doctor :

as a physician i only get concerned when people are having symptoms of low blood pressure AND

911Doctor :

their numbers are more along the lines of 90/60..... then we have a problem

911Doctor :

then working on your anxiety issue is definitely the thing to do

Customer: Can an infection make blood pressure go up or down?? I'm afraid that tooth might be infected even though I had it checked out last week...the tooth is making me paranoid
911Doctor :

your blood pressure is great.

911Doctor :

i wish i had that pressure.

911Doctor :

only if you had a big abscess and a lot of pain.

911Doctor :

and then it would go UP

Customer: Ok, this is just an annoying pain. Like an ache that won't go away. It was in the 120's until I sat and rested a few min... Thank you for talking to me.. Cuz I really was fighting not to freak out. I go for an oral consult next week
911Doctor :

very good.

911Doctor :

in the meantime motrin or tylenol should help the pain.

Customer: I was just really afraid it was low. I've seen it 90's/60's jn the middle of the night but I don't know if that's a sleep thing..I tend to take my PB when I'm on the verge of a panic.
911Doctor :

it is a sleep thing...

911Doctor :

pressures go down in sleep.

Customer: Thank you so much.. You have no idea how much this helped :)
911Doctor :

great

911Doctor :

glad to help

911Doctor :

if i have fully answered your question please do click on 'accept' so that JA will reimburse me for my time.

911Doctor :

and good luck to you!

Customer: I think in my head normal bp is in like 120/80"s
911Doctor :

it is,

911Doctor :

but it varies

Customer: And that's why I get nervous when it's "low"
911Doctor :

don't get nervous about low,

911Doctor :

it's good.

Customer: Thank you xoxo :)
911Doctor :

no worries

911Doctor, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Emergency Physician