Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

knee..Im sitting on my knees or have my leg folded back under me

I have a tenderness in the back of my knee. I ONLY feel it when the leg is completely bent (like if I'm sitting on my knees or have my leg folded back under me as I'm sitting). There is a TINY amount of inflamation in the tendon/muscle or whatever it is the runs up the exact middle of the leg (not the two tendons or whatever on either side) but no discoloration or any other symptoms. It doesn't hurt to walk or extend the leg. Only when I'm sitting on my knees with my feet under my butt or when I'm sitting on the sofa with one leg in front and the other leg folded back under my thigh. Thoughts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
What you describe sounds like a Baker's cyst, or a small fluid filled cyst in the back of your knee. Other considerations include a blood clot, tendinitis. I do recommend that you see your doctor regarding this to make sure it is nothing more than a cyst. A cyst usually does not need treatment, rarely will it need to be drained. So please see your doctor as soon as you can.

If you have any additional questions, please ask. If no additional questions please click accept.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If it is a Baker's cyst, is it that something that can be treated or removed? Or is it a chronic condition that I'll just have to "deal" with?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 4 years ago.
A baker's cyst can be treated. It can be drained or you can have cortisone shots to help with the pain and inflammation. Further ice and compression can definitely help. For symptomatic relief ibuprofen can be taken.