physician123
physician123, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

I was assisting in a dental treatment of sb Hiv positive,and

I was assisting in a dental treatment of sb Hiv positive,and after some hours I noticed a cut in the inside of my arm.I dont remember when was that cut made.But I am worried cause I touched the suction once during the treatment.what should I do?
Welcome to just answer .
As you touched the suction with your fingers and you had a cut in your arm you are at no risk at all.
Even if you would have had a cut in your finger and touched the suction with your finger then too the risk would have been negligible as saliva has an extremely low chance of spreading the virus thus you have nothing to worry at all .

I wish you all the best and great health .
Take care and god bless.

I hope this answers you and helps you with your apprehensions.
Do let me know if you have any further doubts.
Please click on the green accept button if this answers you as it is only then that will I be credited for my work.
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much for your answer,it calmed me down.
But I just want to make sure once again.I remeber touching the suction with my arm,and what I am worried about is what if I made the cut with the sharp edge of the suction(and didnt notice at the moment) and the suction would contain any blood potion.How risky would this be?
Is it a deep cut and and was it oozing blood ?

Thank you .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No it was not a deep cut,and I didnt notice blood until I saw it in like 2 hours after.Its superficial and it doesnt bleed even when I still wash it with soap.Its like a line on my skin surface,it just burns a little bit.
Thank you for the information .
If it was a severe injury and you had bleeding and there was blood on the suction that would have caused the injury then I would be a little concerned .
As the injury is so trivial that you did not even notice it and was not deep enough to bleed I see no reason to worry .
Please relax .
It is all good.
I wish you all the best .
I hope this answers you .
PLease hit accept in order to accept the answer.
Thank you .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So,no need for any more protective step,like PeP.Do I need that?Thank you so much again.
As it was like only a scratch then you do not need the PEP .
You will be fine..
I wish you all the best ....