Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF MENINGITIS ,BUT HE INSIST TO STAY WITH MY SON

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND HE WAS ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL BECAUSE OF MENINGITIS ,BUT HE INSIST TO STAY WITH MY SON AND HE IS STILL SICK IS IT HEALTHY FOR MY SON TO XXXXX
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer , at this time , it is not healthy for your son to stay with his dad for long periods of time .
Meningitis could be transmitted through the respiratory droplets when the patient coughs ,sneezes,gives a kiss or speaks . The patient does not have to be completely isolated . However , he has to wear a face mask always until there is not infection present . He should also avoid sharing personal items including utensils like cups , forks, spoon or personal clothing articles like bed covers ,pillows among other things .
What he should do right now is avoid any close contact with your son until there is not infection present and he is recovered .Most patients if they have a healthy immune system recover in few days with the proper medical treatment.
Specially in children and older people , this is really important because at these life stages the immune system is weaker which makes the person more prone to get infected.
It is really important if your son has already been in close contact with his father to contact your doctor immediately , in some cases, doctors prescribe antibiotics for family members who have been in close contact with the infected person to reduce the chance of getting the infection.
Please click accept if you like the answer , so I can get credit for my work. A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated. I do not get credit for my work until you click the green accept button.
If you have any additional questions or doubts, just ask me so I can help you.