Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My temperature is 95.2 degrees F. Should I be concerned?

I am running a temp of 95.2, my normal temp is around 97.7. I have behcets but have other symptoms going on right now like a dull pain in my right side and nausea Used to strange stuff with behcets but concerned about low temp. Should i be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.

Greetings.

Skin temperature is not the accurate method of deriving a conclusion about the severity of issue. The skin temperature varies a lot and just a sweating (due to any reason; surrounding temperature, hormonal reasons, anxiety etc) can decrease the skin temperature significantly but with no significant concern. Warming yourself with the warm fluids, wearing layers of clothing and warming at heated place should be able to take care of the issue. Rectal temperature (taken by the rectal thermometer) is the best way to assess the body temperature. The concomitant symptoms can be important but your present symptoms of nausea and dull right sided pain (with history of behcets) does not point to anything concerning. The other vital parameters also would be necessary to take in consideration for the overall assessment. If the pulse, blood pressure and respiratory rate are normal; you should not be worried.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.