Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

i had sex about 3 weeks ago the day after my period ended and

i had sex about 3 weeks ago the day after my period ended and the next morning i took plan b..what are the chances of pregnancy?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
If plan B was taken within 72 hours of intercourse, it is about 95% effective. Therefore you do still have a slight change of becoming pregnant. However, if your periods are regular and this occurred the day after your menstrual period ended, you are not quite at the ovulation state, so this favors not being pregnant. If you find that your menstrual period is delayed you should take a pregnancy test at that time.

If you have any additional questions please ask. If no additional questions, please click accept.
Regards