Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi. I have a lump inside my thigh, near my scrotum. I just

Hi. I have a lump inside my thigh, near my scrotum. I just noticed it a few days ago. Sensitive to touch, but not overly painful. Feels very similar to lymph node on the side of my throat. Also itchy on my testicles and inner thighs. Definitely not a hernia. Any ideas what it might be?
Where precisely is it? It wasn't there before a few days ago? Any redness?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no redness (other than me scratching the area)
left side
inside thigh between scrotum and anus, but in the crease of where your leg meets your lower trunk
OK. In that area, it wouldn't be a lymph node. If it's tender it probably is an infection, and it could well become more painful and turn red soon. It may be the beginning of a boil or abscess. For now, I suggest soaking in a warm bath for at least 15 minutes and see how it progresses. If it gets worse, you'll need antibiotics or perhaps even an incision and drainage procedure by a doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. but there's no noticeable marks or pimples or surface contusions.
That's because it's deep enough that nothing visible shows on the outside, at least for now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
and what would the warm bath do?
Possibly bring it to a head an drain
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. if symptoms stay the same how long to wait before seeing my gp? and should i try squeezing it?
No, no squeezing--that can make things worse. Give it a couple of days.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ha ha, not much patience. while i was waiting it scratched and squeezed and it popped. clear fluid coming out.
Then not much infection--take the bath and let it drain. It may need nothing else.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. will do. thanks for the help. saved me taking time and waiting for the doctor
Actually, I just was leading you on because I knew it would drain if we talked long enough (LOL)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ya. still a pretty good sized lump though. will it drain over time or should i apply the squeeze tactic?
Gently squeeze only enough to get any residual drainage out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. and should disappear in a few days. if its still around, how long should i wait before the doctor?
So long as it doesn't get more painful or turn red, no hurry, but you should be examined at some time to see if there's a cyst there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok. thank you