Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Why do I sweat profusely after I eat something? It happens

Why do I sweat profusely after I eat something? It happens mostly when I eat grains, dairy, meats. After 5 minutes or so, I break out in sweat throughout my upper body. What could that be a sign of?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Has this ever been evaluated by a doctor? Any diarrhea or cramping involved with it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. None of those symptoms. I used to have gas and bloating with the certini foods like gluten grains or dairy, but very much minimized now, since I have been eating grains and dairy very sparingly.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
And just the sweating without cramps, gas, diarrhea, etc.? Do you have other medical conditions?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, not really.

I recently went for the check up on my thyroid. Last year they took an unltrasound, and found some tiny nodules. They said it was not a concern unless they start growing larger. The other day, the endocrinologist did physical check up and thought that thyroid was fine, it was not enlarged. I still need to go for ultasound this time around.

I keep thinking it is the sluggish thyroid, as I sometimes have this cold sensitivity, low basal body temp, dry skin, hair falling out etc But docs have been checking my blood in the past couple of years and they have been saying that my TSH and T4- s are fine.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 5 years ago.
Do you know what your TSH level is?
And if you eliminate the suspect foods, this doesn't happen?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have found out the new information about sweating after the meals. Since I was fiagnosed with gastritis 2 years ago, it seems it is still recurring. And I usually do not have paing, just bloating after the meal, and this wierd sweating. What is the good remedy for gastritis and H. pylori bacteria?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
How was the gastritis diagnosed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had endoscopy 2.5 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Were you found to have H. pylori, and, if, so, was it treated with antibiotics? Have you ever been on GERD medication like Zantac or Nexium?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. Right after they detected H. Pylory they put me on antibiotics and some acide supressant (I believe it was Acipex).
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK. What you can do for this without prescription medication includes apple cider vinegar one teaspoon in a half glass of water three times a day with meals, ginger root, fennel seeds, lavender tea, and probiotics.