Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss

Two and a half months ago I was in a motorcycle accident and

Two and a half months ago I was in a motorcycle accident and I had to get pelvic surgery done. Two plates front and back. I am currently up and about walking slow but sure. If I had wheelchair assistance would it be ok to take a hour long plane ride?

Hello and thank you for your question,

There should not be a problem with you flying for an hour. You might need to get up several times and walk back and forth during that flight just to keep blood circulating but otherwise there is no contraindications for flying.

If you had plates put in during surgery, you might need a note from your surgeon so that if the security alarms go off, you can show the security your medical clearance.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,